Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dog Gum Ulcers Ulcers In Dog's Mouth (not A Result Of Neglected Dental Attention)?

Ulcers in Dog's Mouth (not a result of neglected dental attention)? - dog gum ulcers

My dog has) sores on the mouth - one on each side of the tooth in the upper lip, for a total of six wounds (three per side.

At first I thought there was only one and is not affected, but still hit the same day one of my other dogs in his mouth and was really excited, so I looked and I saw three in a row on this side of each tooth. I found it strange, but perhaps the result of a blow on the side of the mouth (my dogs foul play together, sometimes). Then the next night (yesterday), I think under my chin, but avoid the right side, where he discovers the injury, and he moved away. I thought it was strange, so I checked the left side and had wounds, too! Since the law: three directly over each tooth, orand the inside of the upper lip.

Only in June and the rescue group of dental treatment, and his mouth was in order. Your teeth and gums out of their bad breath.

I know I should take him to the vet for medication, but generally offer only a cure without a preventive approach (as if to eat something at home that could be harmful, or if there is something like stress can trigger) . It was the same dog food since it was adopted and not "people" food.

If someone else happened dog? If so, what caused the wound (s)? Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

BUStuden... said...

I want a different vet check him out for sure. I know sometimes it's hard crunchy foods such things as Rawhide or Pig ear abscess. We could try to alleviate the food, and so not everything is hard, but probably antibiotics, remember to have many ulcers.

Echo Two said...

I think your point of view of veterans is a little hurt. If your veterinarian does not give prevention counseling after the treatment is a problem, then you need another vet. My vet is always useful in this area. And if you have any questions, avoided such a problem one step further and ask the vet.

Get your dog to be treated by a good veterinarian. Bad breath that I think it is a dental problem that was not affected by the notice. There was a suspicion of Dental abscesses or other infection, the ulcers.

Leslie said...

I agree with the first poster, another veterinarian to give a chance.

Ulcers can be caused by many things. We already have a dog in our office, the tons of small abscess in the gum, which was caused by his own hair had - he had his legs and licking the gum I'm going.

In terms of prevention, a toothbrush dog is the best option. After your tooth brush, brush. You can use a special brush, finger or even a regular toothbrush. If you can not resolve to do that, thinking each day that a mouthwash. There are even special offers chew every day can assist in oral health.

Post a Comment